As Earlier, I have shared an article explaining How to edit PDF files- Methods, Tips & Tricks. But I realized that most of the people do not know how to create it. So, I’m gonna share some methods to create a PDF file. But, at first, let me tell you something about PDF document. The PDF is abbreviated as Portable Document Format File. A PDF document is an exact replica of the original document; whether it is a text file, graphical sketch, image, map or even video. PDF file has been a restricted file for a long period of time. Hence, creating a PDF file was not a home task until Adobe Corp. launched its version of Adobe Acrobat for the domestic use. Though, Adobe Acrobat is a premium software and you need to buy it. But it is the official tool developed by Adobe to make PDF files. It charges 450$ for one-time purchase and 50$ for each month annually. But, nowadays, there are many third-party applications available on internet that can help you create PDF documents without any charge.
Advantage of PDF files – Why to create a PDF document file?
- PDF files are compact i.e. smaller in size as compared to its original content.
- The main characteristic of PDF file is it cannot be edited, modified or reconstructed. The original content of the document remains preserved. This is the main reason why people use PDF files.
- Since, it cannot be edited, therefore, it is less vulnerable to virus attack.
- The user can also prevent it from printing or copying text.
- It is compatible with all sorts of Operating system. You just need a PDF reader to fetch it.
- Browsers like Google Chrome do not need any special plugin to read it. Hence, it is widely used on internet.
- It can exchange all sorts of documents like presentations, notices, invoices, CAD drawings and legal notices.
How to create a PDF Document File (Windows & Mac):
There are many ways to create PDF document File. Some third-party applications are available on internet that can help you create PDF files. While some online tools can help you to convert the .doc file to .pdf file. Here is a step-by-step guide to create a PDF Document File through following procedures.
Create PDF Files through third-party applications:
1. Create PDF file through Adobe Acrobat:
Adobe Corporation had launch its premium version of Adobe Acrobat for the domestic use. There are two plans of Adobe Acrobat that are available for users. It charges 450$ for one-time purchase and 50$ for each month use, annually. Adobe Acrobat is also a part of Creative suite CS3 package. So, if you have the CS3 package, you can use it to create PDF files. If you do not have CS3 package and you do not want to invest money, you can use free trial version of Adobe Acrobat XI from its official site.
2. Create PDF file through Microsoft Office 2007:
Microsoft Office 2007 has built-in PDF converter. You may also have this service in upper versions of MS Office. This is the best method to create a PDF document file and I also prefer it. Here is how to create PDF file through MS Office 2007.
Steps to create PDF file through MS office 2007:
- Open any application of MS Office. (MS Word, MS Excel or MS Powerpoint).
- Move your cursor over Save As button and select PDF or XPS bar.
- If this option is not open you, the it will show Find add-ins for other file formats bar as shown in the below image. Do not need to worry for it.
- Go to the below link and download the PDF add-ins.
- Install the downloaded add-in file. Repeat the first and second step.
- Choose PDF in the Save as type drop down list. Select Open file after publishing. (It will open the file via Adobe Reader as soon as it is saved). Choose Standard (publishing online and printing) or Minimum size (publishing online) under the Optimize for option for either better print quality or for minimum file size. Click on Publish.
- Your PDF file has been created successfully.
Create PDF Files through Online tools:
Many websites can also help you to create PDF document files. These sites allow you to convert the doc file into pdf file. If you do not want to install any third-party applications and do not want to opt for the downloading crap, then you can give it a try. This websites work fine but has some limitations. Some of the limitations are – It needs internet connection to process. So, it is not preferable for non-regular internet users. And also these websites take some time to create PDF file and often fails when the server is busy. So, it is not 100% efficient. But, though, it is worth a try.
Some of the best websites to create PDF file are:
1. www.pdfonline.com .
3. www.en.conv2pdf.com .
4. en.pdf24.org .
These were the methods to create a PDF document file. I hope you like this article. If you have any query related to this article or want to share better option to create PDF files, then just let us know by commenting below. To get more such articles, prefer Subscribing us or like us on Facebook. Thank you.