How to put your iphone in DFU mode: ios is an amazing operating system. Iphone users seriously love the interface and ample of apps present to make their iphone a smartphone. For optimum iphone usage you need to sync your phone with itunes. Itunes runs well in windows as well mac operating system. Sometimes you don’t want itunes to change your device’s os. For this you need DFU mode enabled in your iphone. So in this post I am going to tell you what is DFU mode and how to put your iphone in DFU mode manually. Just take a look.
What is DFU mode?
When you connect your iphone with itunes your phone get sync to itunes. Itunes will automatically look for any ios update available for your device and start updating. But there are times when you don’t want to upgrade your iphone or you have a jailbroken iphone. For this you need to put your iphone in DFU mode. DFU stand for Device Firmware update. In DFU mode you can install previous versions of ios also. So read below how to put your iphone in DFU mode. It is very simple and easy.
Methods given below will help to enable DFU mode in iphone 3gs, 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6 and 6plus.
How to put your iphone in DFU mode:
- Connect your iphone with your pc. Works in same way for mac as well as windows
- Power off your iphone. For this press the turn off button and swipe off to power off
- Once device is turned off hold on the power button for 3 seconds. Then without releasing power button hold home button as well.
- After 10 seconds release power button and continue holding power button. In few seconds your device will get struck with a black screen.
- In itunes you can see a message flashing like itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode.
- This message means you device is in DFU mode.
How to get out of DFU mode:
If you want to get out of DFU mode:
- To exit DFU mode hold down power and home button simultaneously for 10 seconds until apple logo appears. Now your device is out of DFU mode and restarted.
I have tried this method in iphone 6. But procedure remains same for
Iphone 3gs, 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6 and 6plus
Ipad: ipad, ipad 2, ipad mini, ipad mini 2, ipad air and ipad air 2
Ipod: all ipod models.
Hope this will help you to put your iphone in DFU mode. For any queries ping me with your comments.