How To Turn Laptop Into WiFi Hotspot Without Any Software: Solved – Have you ever thought of sharing your internet connection from your laptop with your mobile? Thanks to the new windows 7 and 8 feature called Virtual WiFi. It facilitates user with a wireless connection between their laptop and mobile. You can turn laptop into WiFi Hotspot without any software. No external hardware like router is needed for this. The idea is very simple. But the effect is sensational.I will explain you How to turn Laptop into WiFi Hotspot without any software: solved.Your operating system can construct any wireless adapter. You can add many adapters as per your need in your Windows. Once you have completed your setup, you can connect any compatible devices with it. Some of them are mobile, iPod and another laptop. It’s not much difficult to get it work. The main key is to find a compatible virtual WiFi wireless adapter. First, find that your system fulfills all the requirements to turn laptop into WiFi Hotspot without any software.
Requirements To Turn Laptop Into WiFi Hotspot Without Any Software:
- The operating system should be either Windows 7/8 or greater.
- You should have a Wifi enabled system. Without it, you can not think of this procedure.
- Your network card should have the latest driver. You could update the driver if it is not available.
- Intel, Realtek, Broadcam, etc support such drivers.
How To check Your System Fulfills the Requirement:
- Click START option (at your taskbar). Type “cmd” (without quotations). Right click the “cmd.exe”. Select “Run as Administrator”.
- A black window will appear on your screen. It is COMMAND PROMPT.
- Type “netsh wlan show drivers” (without quatations) on the command prompt. If “Hosted network supported” indicates “Yes”. Then, you are passed with the requirement.
Steps To Turn Laptop Into WiFi Hotspot Without any Software:
- Click START option. Type “cmd” (without quotations). Right click the “cmd.exe”. Select “Run as Administrator”.
- A new black window will appear in your screen.
- To create a WiFi hotspot, type “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=yournetworkname key=yournetworkpassword”. Then, press ENTER. Replace “yournetworkname” with the name you want to use for the wireless network and “yournetworkpassword” with the password you want to choose. (In the snapshot, I chose “name” as my network name and “Password123″ as my network password). Remember everything you are typing is case-sensitive.
- Now, to get the hotspot start running, type “netsh wlan start hostednetwork”. Then, press ENTER. Make sure you have switched ON your WiFi or else it won’t work.
- You are done with the first phase of the procedure. Now, go to control panel<network and sharing centre<Change adapter settings. A window like this will appear (this snapshot is of Windows 8). “Local Area Connection* 14″ is the Virtual WiFi connection.
- Right click on your Internet connection. Click on “properties” option. Then, Click the “sharing” tab.
- Check the box “Allow other network users to connect”. Choose your vitual WiFi adapter. Press ENTER.
You are done with the process. You have turn laptop into Wifi Hotspot. Any WiFi device under the range can connect with your device. They will see a network appear with the SSID name you defined above. It will ask for the Password you have set above. Then, they can share your internet connection. It’s worth it if you know this process. But if you are not kinda programming person then you can use a software for this purpose.