How to Increase (Boost) IDM download speed: IDM is the best download manager we have ever seen. It has great admirers all over the globe and is widely used by people to download variety of files. It has multiple options and diversified features but the main thing which most people like is “Internet Download Manager (IDM) has the ability to download files at a great speed”. But, contradicting the fact, I have seen many people complaining about slow speed in IDM. It is mostly observed by Wireless Internet connection users. It is due to the low-optimized registry settings in their system. Therefore, they are found searching for “How to Increase (Boost) IDM download speed “. If you are one of them too, the you have come to the right place. I am gonna share the trick to boost the downloading speed of IDM. IDM optimizer is a software build to optimize your IDM download speed. Before I go on with the method to increase your IDM download speed, let’s have a look at some of the features of IDM Optimizer.
Features Of IDM Optimizer:
- IDM Optimizer is a software which boost the download speed of IDM.
- It is a light-weight application with clean interface.
- It has option to choose proxy connections too.
- It uses SOCKS4 & SOCKS5 protocols to secure your downloading connections.
- It is compatible with multiple IDM downloads at the same time.
- It can boost your IDM downloading speed by a factor of 20%.
These were some of the key features of IDM Optimizer. Now, let’s have a look at the working of IDM Optimizer i.e. How does IDM optimizer boost your downloading speed.
How does IDM Optimizer Boost your Downloading Speed:
You must be knowing that you have some registry keys for every function of your system. These registry keys are allotted by default through your operating system. So, there some registries of your downloading bandwidth too. Some of the allocation of bandwidth speed is reserved by your operating system for the updation processes. So, IDM Optimizer modifies the registry entries and allow the user to make use of the whole bandwidth speed. This helps you to Increase (Boost) IDM download speed. You can also do this tweaking manually. To know how to do it manually, read this article: How To Increase Broadband Internet Speed- Effective Tricks.
Now, let’s begin with the method to Increase (Boost) IDM download speed via IDM Optimizer.
How to Increase (Boost) IDM download speed – IDM Optimizer: Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1: First of all, download the IDM Optimizer Software from the below link.
Step 2: Once the downloading finishes, open the zipped file and unzip it via Winzip or Winrar.
Step 3: It is not a setup file. It is a auto-run program. So, just click on the IDM optimizer program to run it. You will see a new window like the below screenshot. Now, click on the Maximize Now button.
Step 4: Once the process is done, you will get a message “Please restart IDM to apply changes” as shown in the below screenshot. I will suggest you to not only restart IDM but your system too. It would confirm the fresh processing of the new registry entry.
Step 5: After restarting, check your IDM downloading speed. It would be increased by 20% from your previous speed.
That’s it. You’re done. You have successfully increased IDM download speed via IDM Optimizer.
Conclusion and Troubleshoot (If needed):
- If you find any error or conflict with IDM after this method, then click on Restore Default option on IDM Optimizer. It will reset the registry settings of IDM to its original settings.
- It will increase your downloading by at most 20%. If you are a broadband user, then it won’t help much but you can give it a try. It works best for wireless internet users (i.e. WiFi internet).
- It is pretty much beneficial in case of multiple downloading at the same time.
That’s it for now, friends!! If you face any problem or have any query related to this article”How to Increase (Boost) IDM download speed – IDM Optimizer”, then feel free to contact me by commenting below. For more such interesting articles, follow us on Facebook or prefer SUBSCRIBING us. Thank You. 🙂