How to Resume Download of Broken Files in IDM – Best Tricks: Internet Download Manager (IDM) is one of the most used download manager and is the best one too. It has many advantages as compared to other download managers. Be it… fast downloading speed, simple interface, versatile compatibility with browsers, instant download box, adaptable settings or resourceful options, IDM is par above other download managers. But the only problem with IDM is, it is not available for free. It runs on a 30 day full-featured trial and then stops working. It shows “IDM has been registered with a fake serial number” error after then. So, either you have to pay to use it or you have to crack it to use it further. If you want to fix this error then read this article – Solution of IDM has been registered with a fake serial number: Fixed. There is one more error which frustrates a lot to people while using IDM i.e How to Resume Download of Broken Files in IDM.
Suppose you started downloading a file in IDM and for some reason you have to stop it or it stops on its own due to some problem. And when you try to resume the downloading, it gives you a very sad error and if the downloading has been completed to 70%-90%, then it is not less than a heart breaking situation. Now, you cannot afford to start the downloading once again from the starting. So, what would you do now?? … Do not become sad, Here I am with the solution to resume download of Broken files in IDM. Follow the below tricks to solve IDM cannot resume downloading the file error.
Tricks to Resume Download of Broken Files in IDM [Tested]:
Most of the time IDM do not resume your downloading despite the file had resuming capability. You get an error message like below.
It is due to one of the following reasons:
- It could be because the server stopped responding.
- The downloading URL got refreshed from the server and the old URL could not identify the file. So, it would not resume the downloading.
- The files is removed from the original directory of your Hard disk.
- Often, internet problems also causes this type of errors.
If the reason is related to URL problem or internet problem, then it could be solved. If the file is being denied by the server, then you cannot do anything but to wait till it becomes available from the sever.
I would be sharing two tricks to resume download of Broken files in IDM. Though, first one would solve your problem, if it didn’t then go for the second method.
Trick 1 – How to Resume Download of Broken Files in IDM:
- If you try to resume download of broken files from IDM, you would get “Cannot resume downloading the file” error as shown in the above image. If you are getting this error, then Click on OK to open the webpage of the file.
- Now, it would show you a new window like below and the webpage would open.
- Now, as you click on the new download link, it would automatically resume your downloading file.
If the webpage is not opening (as it happens some time) or the downloading does not resume , then use the second method. It would surely resume download of broken files in IDM.
Trick 2 – How to Resume Download of Broken Files in IDM:
- Go to the webpage manually from where you got the download link.
- Now, once again click on download button and copy the URL address from the IDM download dialogue box. Now, close the download dialogue box.
- Now, open IDM and right click on the the file for which you want to resume downloading.
- Then, Choose “Properties“. A new tab would open in your screen now.
- Paste the copied URL into the address of the file as shown in the below image and press on OK.
- Now, right click on the file and choose “Redownload“. Your download would successfully resume in IDM.
So, here comes to the end, folks!! If you face any problem or have any query related to this article “How to Resume Download of Broken Files in IDM – Best Tricks [Tested]“, then feel free to contact me by commenting below. If this article was useful to you, then return us the favor by sharing it with your friends or acquaintances on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus. For more such useful articles, follow us on Facebook or prefer SUBSCRIBING us. Thank You.