Android is the most widely used OS in the world. It is due to its diversified apps and free source availability that makes it so popular. But, sometimes it becomes quite annoying when app developers fill these apps with pop-up ads. Actually, to be specific, the placement of the ads contribute to the not-so-appealing experience. However, these ads pay them for their hard work as you are getting the same for free. So, you are forced to use it.
If you want to block ads in your android apps, games and browsers then you follow the method mentioned in this article as your read along below. This method works in both rooted and non-rooted devices. Before we begin, let’s discuss some of the advantage of blocking ads in your android apps, games and browsers.
Advantages of Blocking Ads in Android Apps and Games:
- It will enhance the performance of your android smartphone.
- It will enhance the appealing experience of the user.
- It will save your internet data.
- It will make the apps and games more user-friendly.
After reading the above advantages, I’m sure you would be eager to block ads in android apps, games and browsers.
How to Block Ads in Android Apps And Games:
You can easily block ads in android apps and games. You just need a file manager to do it. Now, let’s start with the method.
DISCLAIMER: Use this method at your own risk. It may cause instability to some of the apps. Although, there is no such complains received till now.
Method to Block Ads in Android – Adblock Plus (ABP) App:
Install an app called Adblock Plus (ABP). It is the best ad-blocker for Android. It can block all the ads on your android apps and games. It works on both rooted and non-rooted android phones. It is an open source app and also has the option to allow relevant ads that can be useful to you. Read below to know about the installing, configuring and using adblock Plus in your android device.
Installing, Configuring and using Adblock Plus in your Android Smartphone:
Do cannot install Adblock Plus App from Google Play Store as it has removed all the adblocker apps. So, you need to sideload it i.e. install ADP from apk file and not from Google Play Store. Thus, follow the below configuration steps before installing it.
- Go to Settings>>Applications. For Android 4.0 or above, go to Settings>>Security.
- Now, browse to “Unknown Sources” option.
- If it is unchecked, then mark a check on it and save this configuration.
Now, follow the below steps to install Adblock Plus (ABP) App:
- Go to the below link and install the apk file – adblockplusandroid-version.apk in the Download tab of the below link.
- Now, copy it to your android phone and install it using a file manager.
- Follow this step according to the below
For rooted device – When the installation completes, open adblock plus app. It would ask your for Super User permissions. Allow it and then move forward.
For non-rooted device – When the installation completes, you need to manually setup proxy in your android phone. To do it, follow the instructions mentioned in this link.
- That’s it. You’re done. You have successfully configured and installed Adblock Plus app in your android smartphone. Now, you can configure more settings in Adblock Plus in order to filter ad lists, allow non-intrusive ads, etc as shown in the below images.
NOTE: You could also block ads in your browsers using Adblock Plus app. But, I would not recommend it as in my view, most of the ads in browsers and websites are non-intrusive. They aware us for the latest discounts and offers of the products. Rest is your choice, if you wanna do it, then feel free to configure it.
So, this was the Trick To Block Ads In Android Apps And Games. If you face any problem or have query related to it, the feel free to contact me by commenting below. If this article was useful to you, then return us the favor by sharing it with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus or Twitter. For more such interesting articles, prefer SUBSCRIBING us or follow us on Facebook.